Summer has arrived, the weather’s warm and vacation season is in full swing. Chances are you’ll be catching a flight this summer — whether you’re going domestic or international, use these tips for a more enjoyable and efficient flying experience.
- Find cheap flights with these apps: Skiplagged – Shows you hidden-city ticketing options to get you a flight for up to 50% less. Hopper – Predicts upcoming price trends. Has your flight fare lowered since you booked?
- Contact the airline — some will give you the difference back in airline credit.
- Traveling outside the country? Apply for the NEXUS program ($50 for five years) or Global Entry ($100 for five years) to expedite the Customs process and skip long security lines in the U.S.
- Give up your seat for a travel voucher. If you’re not in a rush to get to your destination and you find yourself on an over-booked flight, let the ticketing counter know. They may offer you travel vouchers for giving up your seat.
- Long day of travel ahead? Head to the airport’s website to pre-book an airport lounge pass. Gain access to a quiet space with complimentary refreshments, magazines, WiFi, etc. There is an upfront fee, but it provides a relaxing start to your travels.
- Always overpack?